ILTA Celebrates 30 Years in Houston
The International Liquid Terminals Association (ILTA) held its 30th Annual International Operating Conference and Trade Show on May 24-26, 2010, in Houston, Texas. More than 3,000 industry professionals were in attendance. “This year we celebrated a significant milestone for the event – 30 years in Houston,” said ILTA president David Doane. “When we started in 1981, about 450 people participated in the conference and trade show. We’ve grown quite a bit since then.”
In the opening session of the conference, seven companies were given special recognition for their long-term support of ILTA. These companies had a trade show booth at the first ILTA trade show in 1981. Since then, each of these seven companies has exhibited at the ILTA trade show for 30 consecutive years. The companies are: Baker Tank Company/Altech; Chicago Bridge and Iron; Conservatek Industries; Emco Wheaton; Honeywell Enraf Americas; Scully Signal Company; and Technip Coflexip.
On May 25, conference and trade show attendees and exhibitors were treated to a special evening celebration of the 30th anniversary of ILTA’s conference and trade show. Many former ILTA chairmen and members of the Board of Directors were in attendance.
Twelve ILTA terminal member companies received the Safety Excellence Award for demonstrated exceptional performance in protecting the safety of their employees. The 2010 winners were: Buckeye Terminals, LLC; Hess Corporation; Houston Fuel Oil Terminal Company; International Raw Materials Ltd.; Intercontinental Terminals Company; Marathon Petroleum Co., LLC; Motiva Enterprises – New Jersey Complex; Murphy Oil Corporation;
NuStar Energy, L.P.; Oiltanking Houston, L.P.; Petro-Diamond Terminal Company; and U.S. Oil Co., Inc. Two companies, Flint Hills Resources, LP, and Asphalt Operating Services, were awarded the 2010 Platinum Safety Award for their demonstrated exemplary safety culture.
The 31st Annual ILTA International Operating Conference and Trade Show is scheduled for June 6-8, 2011, at the Hilton Americas-Houston and the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX.
ILTA_origexhibit - On Monday, ILTA recognized seven companies that have exhibited at the trade show for all 30 years. Left to right: ILTA President David Doane; Ernie Maddox, Baker Tank Company/Altech; Martin Smith, Chicago Bridge and Iron; Larry Wood, Conservatek Industries; Peter Whipple, Emco Wheaton; Archie Hendrix, Honeywell Enraf Americas; Robert McGonagle, Scully Signal Company; Kim Lopez, Technip Coflexip; and ILTA Vice President Melinda Whitney
ILTA_general - More than 240 companies exhibited at the ILTA trade show. Photo courtesy ILTA.
NACStech 2010, held May 5-7 in New Orleans, featured 25 workshops dedicated to critical industry topics and launched the first-ever NACStech mobile app, which provided attendees with an opportunity to experience NACStech like never before. NACtech, retailers also voted for the most exciting products and companies found at the expo. Attendees chose from more than 100 exhibiting companies, with the winning results revealed at the EXPO Trends 2010 workshop on Friday, May 7. The five winning companies are:
- Abierto Networks Inc. offers a wide variety of digital marketing solutions including digital signage, mobile couponing and a system that interacts with your current POS system. Learn more at ab-net.us.
- Cybera is a provider of cloud-based security and network solutions. Two new products were the main focus of the presentation: SECURE|LINK, a system that eliminates risk to the brand and reduces the cost of a security breach and SECURE|WAVE, a Wi-Fi scanning service. Learn more at cybera.net.
- Gilbarco Veeder-Root’s Wisdom Intelligent Device Management product is a new innovation from Gilbarco that helps retailers manage their business and operating risks, improve site uptime and sales, lower total cost of operations and “future” proof technology that adapts as your company evolves. For more information, visit gilbarco.com.
- KickBack Rewards Systems is a loyalty provider for the convenience store industry. Several new products were on display including: TRAFFIC COP, the industry’s first electronic loyalty service; Concierge, a loyalty kiosk that registers customers for the loyalty program; Signature, a customer-specific pump top media solution that is driven by the customer’s profile; and mobile couponing that is triggered by a loyalty card swipe. Learn more about KickBack Rewards System solutions at kickbacksystems.com.
- The Pinnacle Corporation highlighted several services including: Andalé, a system that eliminates errors, speed time to billing and helps track inventory in real time; Dispatcher Workstation, a “mission control” for fuel buyers; Loyalty, a consumer Web interface loyalty program complete with an mobile app that turns a customer’s smartphone into a loyalty card; EPM, provides real-time business intelligence; and Signature Capture, which is an advanced PED support system for Palm POS. For more information about Pinnacle’s solutions, visit pinncorp.com.
Next year’s show is scheduled for May 16-18, 2011, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Look online for videos from both the NACSTech and ILTA trade show floors.