If you are having problems veiwing this newsletter please click here.
· Durbin: Bill would create level playing field for retailers, online and off
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) urged his colleagues to support a bill designed to level the playing field for small businesses by allowing local brick-and-mortar retailers to compete more effectively against out-of-state Internet sellers
· EIA: Price of regular to rise in third quarter
With crude oil prices higher, EIA has increased the average regular gasoline retail price forecast for the third quarter of 2012 to $3.49 per gallon, it said in the Aug. 7 issue of its Short-Term Energy Outlook
· Interview with NACS' Lyle Beckwith on the Visa/MasterCard settlement proposal
A video interview conducted in in Washington where NACS Sr. Vice President of Government Affairs Lyle Beckwith discusses NACS' objections to the proposed Visa/MasterCard lawsuit settlement.
· Fuels and vehicles of the future
Continued investment in multiple combinations of advanced fuels and vehicles
· EIA: Rise in shale oil production lowers costs for some refiners; price variations result
Growth in U.S. production of “tight oil” – oil produced from shale and other low-permeability rock – is triggering regional price divergences in U.S. refining, according to the Aug. 1 issue of This Week in Petroleum, published by the Energy Information Administration
· CSB deploying to Chevron refinery in Richmond California
A seven-member investigative team from the U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB) is deploying to the scene of an explosion and fire that occurred Aug. 6 at the Chevron refinery.
· McDonald’s targets night owls with ‘Breakfast After Midnight’
McDonald’s Corp.’s latest menu tinkering is Breakfast After Midnight, a limited menu of some of its most popular morning meal items.
· The Pantry reports Q3 profit, but down from Q3 a year ago
The Pantry, Inc., Cary, N.C., announced financial results for its fiscal third quarter.
· Ieva Grimm Joins NACS as senior director of education services
Ieva Grimm joined NACS on August 6 as its senior director of education services.
· Senate panel probes gasoline prices in northwestern Vermont
U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) chaired a Senate energy committee hearing Aug. 6 on why gasoline prices in northwestern Vermont have been among the highest in the nation.
· Incorporate Your Business Today With Rocket Lawyer, 50% Off
· Samsung 19" Widescreen LED Monitor, $149
· 5-in-1 iPad Connection Kit, Just $15
· Your Driver is Here: 50% Off GroundLink Car Services
Keith Reid, editor-in-chief email@example.com , Fuel Group, A Division of M2MEDIA360
NPN Marketpulse is brought to you by Bev-Al Communications Company
1030 W. Higgins Road, Suite 230, Park Ridge, IL 60068, (847) 720-5615
Copyright 2012 M2MEDIA360. All rights reserved. Reproduction Prohibited